The newest release of the Adidas Barricade 7 has the tennis world buzzing. The previous model, the Adidas Barricade 6.0 was a huge success, and the 7.0 promises a long list of improvements that make it an even smarter option for your tennis court footwear.
What’s Different With the Adidas Barricade 7?
The newest Barricade tennis shoe brings all the same style and comfort of the 6.0, but also has a restructured upper for even better ventilation and fit. The new upper design also lends to better adjustment of the fit, you can tighten the shoe as necessary wherever it’s needed. Player’s have complimented the 7 for an overall better design that improves upon the fit and design, while sacrificing none of the durability
- Fit – Improved over the 6, truer to size rather than half a size small
- Upper – Integrated as part of the shoe for increased fit, comfort, and overall better ventilation
- Stability – Claws have been replaced by a single flex groove which provides a similar level of support, with less of a footprint
- Durability – The offers the same famous level of durability that all Adidas shoes are famous for, and is supported with a 6 month outsole durability guarantee.
- Aesthetics – The men’s designs available are white/orange, white/blue, and white/black while women’s are more solidly white with pink/green.
Overview of the Adidas Barricade 7
To sum up, the Adidas Barricade 7.0 is a replacement for the 6.0, by making improvements to all the areas that consumers were concerned about. Aside from these improvements I’ve listed above though, the shoes are incredibly similar. If you loved the fit and feel of the Adidas Barricade 6.0, you won’t be disappointed by this latest improvement over the older model. If you haven’t tried either model, you might consider reading over the strengths of the 6.0 below because the models are so similar.
Adidas Barricade 7 Worth a Buy?
adidas adiPower Barricade 7 Men White/Iron/Black – Tennis Shoes
The one problem with the Adidas Barricade 7.0 is that the cost will be sky high during its first release cycle. You’ll be lucky to see the shoe drop under $120 for the first few months. Unless you’ve got deep pockets I’d consider going with a pair of the 6.0 again while these newer shoes drop in price a bit. It’s also very likely that you’ll be able to find better prices on the 6.0 now, so there’s a big plus.
If you can afford it though, I think that the improvements added to this model make it one of the best releases of the Adidas Barricade yet. For anyone looking for a great durable and high performance pair of tennis shoes, buy the Adidas Barricade 7.